WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING? HOW IT IS BENEFICIAL FOR A BUSINESS!
Digital marketing is online Advertising platform which provide awareness of product and service to customer. The main objective of Digital marketing is to promote brand through various forms of digital media. In Today’s world Digital marketing is boom marketing as everyone wants more business in less expenditure. It is hard to imagine future of a business without digital marketing these days. If you are owning a business (of any size), you should equally focus on the digital marketing of your business.
Digital marketing is an asset for small scale business. It gives small business a chance to compete against various major business in a same field and direction. A right and accurate strategy for digital marketing can put a small business in the same box as bigger businesses, in a short duration of time. Digital marketing is necessary for a business, but it can be an expensive investment if you don’t know what you’re doing, what strategy you should strictly follow and who are your target audience. Though your business build product is of excellent quality, but advertisement and marketing strategy would suffer!
To promote a business there are two ways of marketing one is Traditional Marketing which includes Print Media, TV commercials, etc.
The second one is Digital Marketing which includes:
• Search Engine Optimization: It is the strategy used to obtain a high-ranking place in the search engine result page (SERP) to increase the number of visitors to a website.
• Pay-Per-Click: PPC is a method of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. One of the most common types of PPC is Google AdWords, which allows you to pay for top slots on Google’s search engine results pages at a price “per click” of the links you place. Other channels where you can use PPC include:
a) Paid ads on Facebook.
b) Promoted Tweets on Twitter.
c) Sponsored Messages on LinkedIn.
• Social Media Marketing: It is one of the approaches to gain web traffic with the help of social media websites. The goal is to spread the content on social media websites to gain attention.
• Email Marketing: In this, business directs a commercial message to an individual or an organization using email.
• Content Marketing: It is creating and distributing valuable and relevant content to allure and retain a customer to drive profitable customer action.
• Video Marketing: In this type of marketing, business creates a short video (maybe long) regarding a product. Videos marketing is the more preferred type of marketing than content marketing these days.
• Local listing: Register your business with sites like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. This will give your quality backlinks and will improve online presence. This increase referral traffic to your website. It is a free way to engage your potential customers.